When books becomes the heart of creativity and activity and when a book fair becomes a honorary title for a wide creative industry’s exhibition, we need more than a book fair. We need a book affair!
Indonesia International Book Fair (IIBF) which will be held at Assembly Hall Jakarta Convention Center on 6-10 September 2017 not just a book fair. It’s a book affair!
Some Facts on Indonesia
- Indonesia is the largest market for books and literature in South East Asia. Indonesia has a huge population of more than 270 million people, with more than 10 million reside in Jakarta. A middle class of up to 130 million people with monthly expenditure of US$13 billion.
- There are more than 1.000 publishers listed as member of IKAPI (Indonesia Publishers Association). There are approx. 40.000 new titles published yearly in which most titles are acquired through rights purchase from around the world. In the recent years, international collaborations are also becoming more common in Indonesia.
- Indonesian is a language that is commonly practiced in Indonesia, Malaysia, Brunei, Singapore and some parts of Thailand and Philippines. The ASEAN Economic Community allows Indonesian books to be distributed throughout South East ASEAN region.
- Indonesia, especially Jakarta, is an exciting tourist destinations with a beautiful nature, great culture, great food, and friendly people.
- IIBF is an annual exhibition organized by IKAPI. First held in the 1980 with name of Indonesia Book Fair (IBF). To reach a bigger audience, in 2014 Indonesia Book Fair became Indonesia International Book Fair (IIBF) with Arab Saudi as its first Guest of Honor country.
- IIBF is a meeting point, a strategic and prestigious event to promote literature, copyright, art, culture, and all other creative content.
- IIBF 2017 not just a book fair. It’s a book affair: it’s the heart of international promotion, transaction, and interaction for publishers, authors, readers, literary agents, librarians, actress, educators and all professional at creative industry in Indonesia
|Description||IIBF 2015||IIBF 2016||IIBF Targets 2017|
|Theme (Focal Theme)||Creation & Inspiration||Art & Culture||Copyrights Trade/Global Market Place|
|Tagline||One Stop Literacy Activities||One Stop Literacy Activities||It’s a book affair|
|Guest of Honor; Country of Focus||Korea||Malaysia||in confirmation|
|Venue||Cendrawasih Room, Jakarta Convention Center||Assembly HallJakarta Convention Center||Assembly HallJakarta Convention Center|
|Area||2952 sqm||4.700 sqm||4.700 sqm|
|Schedule||5 days||5 days||5 days: 6-10 September 2017|
|Number of Booth||129 booths||192 booths||192 booths|
|Countries Participant||6 countries||15 countries||20 countries|
|Visitors||40.000 visitors||71.000 visitors||90.000 visitors|
|Special Events||80 events||108 events||120 events|
|Copyrights Transaction||20 titles||36 titles||75 titles|
|Media Coverage||25 media||50 media||75 media|
|Number of Foreign Delegation||75||200||250|
|Special Program for Indonesian Publishers||
|Program for International Exhibitors||
|Special Facilities for International Exhibitors||–||Acommodation for AGM APPA participants and international exhibitors||Acommodation for participants of others international congress, internasional exhibitors and IRF participants|
IRF [INDONESIA RIGHTS FAIR]
Indonesia Rights Fair (IRF) is a special event at the Indonesia International Book Fair (IIBF) for copyrights transactions and co-publishing activities for international rights business. Indonesia Rights Fair (IRF) is the perfect opportunity to meet face to face with publishers, literary agents, and copyright owners can promote copyrights to other publishers.
Publishers and digital (eBook) publishers (local and international), Book stores, book distributors/importers, eBook stores, Libraries, Literary Agent, Printing industry, Educational/governmental institutions, ICT industry, Educational equipment providers, Cultural centers and tourism promotion organizations, Content and creative industry, Other related industries.
For more information please download the fair brochure from here.