The Exhibition is open to:
- illustrators, including professionals and newcomers, submitting unpublished works or works published in the last two years
- art colleges submitting projects produced by their students in the last two years of study
- publishers presenting their illustrators
DEADLINE for sending your artwork: OCTOBER 4th, 2017 ( the postmark date serves as proof). Works cannot be accepted before 1 September 2017
HOW DO TO TAKE PART
A – INDIVIDUAL PARTICIPANTS
- by submitting your entry form online;
- by sending 5 original illustrations (fixed number), unpublished or published after 1st January 2016, in black and white or colour, produced using any technique (in case of mixed or digital techniques, please send the printouts).
Once you submit online your entry form, you receive a confirmation email containing the coupon with the address where the illustrations have to be sent.
The entry form must be printed and sent together with the works at the address indicated on the coupon.
Submissions will not be accepted incomplete or without the entry form.
The illustrations must be based on the same theme and numbered from 1 to 5 in the desired order. The number of illustrations (5) is mandatory.
Submissions of any other number of works will be rejected.
Artwork previously submitted to the Exhibition may not be re-entered.
Texts are not allowed.
Maximum sizes for the artwork:
- Fiction 32 x 42 cm (or 42 x 32 cm)
- Non-Fiction 50 x 70 cm (or 70 x 50 cm)
Illustrations in larger sizes will not be considered, nor will they be returned by BolognaFiere.
B – ART SCHOOLS / PUBLISHING HOUSES
- by submitting the registration form online;
- by sending the illustrators works using the coupon containing the address received in the confirmation email.
Each Ilustrator, whose artwork is sent through an art school or a publishing house, is required to follow
the individual registration procedure (point A)
Works will not be accepted without the individual entry form filled in online, printed and signed by each participant.
The list of the received works from individual participants, art schools and publishing houses is available online once the parcels are withdrawn by BolognaFiere.
The publication of the list is for informational purposes only, in order to inform the participants of the receipt of their works.
Registration on the list of the received works does not imply admission to the selection.
ILLUSTRATORS ADMITTED TO THE SELECTION
The list of the participants admitted to the selection is published online progressively until the registration is completed.
The publication of the list is for informational purposes only, in order to inform the participants of the admission to the initiative itself. Only illustrators who meet the requirements will be admitted to the selection.
ILLUSTRATORS SELECTED FOR THE EXHIBITION
The jury is scheduled to meet in January 2018, the list of the illustrators selected to participate in the 2018 Illustrators Exhibition will be published online at the end of the works.
For any further detail, please consult 2018 Rules of entry
Participation implies the total acceptance of the Rules of entry.
Each participant to the selection will be sent by email a code to purchase a reduced-price ticket to the 2018 Bologna Children’s Book Fair.
Further information please click here.